Friday, October 24, 2008

6 Months Old!

Happy half birthday to Riley! Wow...the last six months have really gone by fast and I can't believe our little one is already a half year old. Today she had her 6 month check--up and she is growing right along. She is still petite for her age at 13 lbs 1 oz and 25 1/4 inches long. We are starting her on solid foods this weekend and my hope is that she loves my cooking so much that she packs on little more weight for the winter.

Riley continues to be the happiest, smiliest baby I know ( I realize I may be a little biased) and I am so lucky to get to stay home with her everyday. She is really starting to move now and while she can't crawl just yet she has figured out how to roll to get where she wants to go so we really have to keep our eye on her. Baby proofing here we come! She has really started to play with toys this month and loves, loves, loves to put anything and everything in her mouth. It's so much fun to watch her as she discovers new things that she can do.

2 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Happy Half-Birthday Riley!! I agree that she is the smiliest baby I know, she is always smiling! Love the second picture, so cute! We need to hang out soon! Maybe a Halloween-themed get together this week?

Alison Waddell said...

Happy Half-Birthday! She is so adorable! That second picture is great! I think the smiling can be contributed to her mom staying home with her....you are so lucky, as is she! Love ya Holland!