Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8 Months!

So I got an email yesterday from the company that created our birth announcements with the subject line "Looks like someone has a birthday coming up!", it took me a second and then I realized they were talking about my Piper!  Okay they may have been jumping the gun a bit, but in just 4 months our baby will be 1, Piper is 8 months old today!


A few things to know about our sweet girl at 8 months:
  • There are 3 teeth in her little mouth...soon to be 4! 
  • She makes an excellent "cheesy face" and is pretty adorable when she scrunches up her nose at us!
  • My little mama's girl says "dada"...although I'm not giving this victory to Kris just yet.
  • She is sweet, smiley and also very snuggly. 
  • Having her back, belly, arms or legs rubbed will send her into a state of total bliss
  • She loves books and enjoys both being read to and sinking her little chompers into the delicious pages!
  • Our little peanut has an awesome appetite and has enjoyed pretty much every fruit and veggie that has crossed her palate and she has also started eating meats.
  • Piper has discovered Cheerios and feeding herself these yummy little o's is a favorite new activity and perfect distraction.
  • While she isn't crawling just yet (thank goodness says the mama!) she can turn around 360 degrees while she's sitting and has started to scoot around on her bum.
  • She is kind of a tough critic, but when we do get her laughing (mostly Roo) it is fully invested, belly shaking giggles...the BEST noise there is!

My two girls absolutely melt my heart, I cannot get enough of their love for one another.  Piper has absolutely found her special place in our family and we are so unbelievably happy that she is ours!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

Her face could not be any sweeter. And I finding it VERY hard to believe she is 8 months old! These babies grow up too fast.