Saturday, September 1, 2012

9 Months!

Happy 9 Months to Piper! Our baby is on the verge of becoming a curious toddler and she has been busy exploring her world. 
I absolutely love this time of babyhood and I'm not gonna lie there are times that I wish I could freeze time because this first year is going by so quickly! But I do love to watch my little miss grow and I am always excited for the new changes that each month brings!  This month's we were in Oklahoma when Piper turned 9 months, so our photo shoot was at Aunt Judi and Uncle John's house and they even had a perfect kid size chair for her!

A few things to know about our 9 month old.... 
Our little princess is sooo close crawling that I keep waiting for her to go for it any day now.  She will sit up on hands and knees and bounce back and forth likes she's reving up her little engine, but so far she will just push back onto her bum of flop forward onto her belly.  While she's practicing up for the real thing, she employs a unique combination of maneuvers to get where she wants to go...which is usually closer to some cool 4 year old toy. 
Piper is turning into a little character like her big sis and is pretty quick to figure out what gets the laughs.  She will make her "cheesy face" on command and will do it over and over again if she's got an audience.  Her fave new game is peek-a-boo and she will pull her shirt or blanket in front of her face to play or if there's no loose material around she has been known to bury her face into our neck and pop back up!
Animals have been a brand new discovery and she is obsessed!  Especially dogs and our kitty, Bella.  She gets all quivery and excited anytime that we see one and loves to be right down on the ground with them.
We are hoping she has gained some major ounces at this months check-up, we have certainly been trying our best to help our babe pack on a little bit weight.  We have been adding a few extra calories to her food (Ahhh to have cream or butter with every meal) and just trying to get in some higher fat foods too.  She has upped the challenge a bit this month by deciding that   Mom + Spoon = Boring, which pretty much means that she wants nothing to do with purees and has instead plunged straight into finger foods.  She is crazy about cheese and she also loves scrambled eggs, avocado and chunks of fruit.
She loves her baths in the big tub with Riley! 
Piper is still my biggest fan and pretty much loves to be stuck to me like glue most days.  Having a baby tied to you 90% of the day has it's challenges, but it is absolutely the best reward ever to see that her huge grin and get her excited hug around my neck when I pick her up.  I love this little girl!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

Gosh time is flying. I love Piper's cute faces. I can't believe she is so close to crawling! And I love Riley's back to school photos. I have never met a more social, outgoing girl than Miss Riley, so I am not surprised that she loves school so much! Excited to see you all and catch up soon!