Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kindergarten!!!

Today was Riley Roo's first day of school at Excel Academy !!! We now officially have a Kindergartner on our hands! 
Last night was Back to School night and we met Riley's teacher, Mrs. Maugh for the first time, got to check out her new classroom and drop off all of her school supplies.  Her classroom had a huge monkey outside the door with monkey themed named tags and Riley told me on the way home that while she liked it, she wished that she could be the flamingo class. I asked her which classroom had the flamingos and she told me there wasn't one, she was just hoping for flamingos.  Aside from that disappointment, she loved seeing her name tag by her spot at the table and was really happy to see that her friend Sadie from preschool is also in her class.
She is most excited about getting to be at school all day and especially happy that she gets to eat her lunch there.  The only thing that could make her any happier would be if she could also ride a school bus.  A couple of weeks ago, Riley and I had a special day out together to pick out her new backpack and school supplies.  She picked a purple backpack with horses on it and a purple lunch bag with birds.  Of course we had to contemplate all of the backpack choices over some ice cream too. 

Miss R has been looking forward to the start of school since pretty much the beginning of summer break, but since the beginning of August this Mama wasn't sure that I was ready for her big day.  I love that I have been able to stay home with my girls and it so hard for me to believe that my little sidekick for the past 5 years is now going to be spending so much time doing her own thing.  Piper is likely to need some sort of sibling support group too, as I'm not quite sure what she is going to do with her best friend to play with all day.  While we now that we are going to be a little sad to see our sissy off on her first day of school, I am also incredibly excited for her new journey!
 
Happy First Day of School Riley Roo!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I am cracking up that Riley wanted to be in the non-existent flamingo class. Hilarious. And Mac will join the sibling support group with Piper. What are we going to do with these 2?! Let's get together soon! I vividly remember the first time we brought baby James over so we could all meet newborn Riley. Can't believe they are now starting Kindergarten! What big kids!!

Jessica said...

I hope Kindergarten is going well so far. It's hard to believe how quickly time passes, huh?