Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Baking

I love baking and Christmas gives me to perfect excuse to make all of the sweet treats that I can handle.  I also love that Riley really enjoys helping me and this is something I look forward to the 2 of us doing together.  This year she even had her very own holiday chef's hat that she insisted upon wearing anytime we're working in the kitchen.  Our first project was a gingerbread house and while she did a fabulous job of decorating, she also showed that she had her mommy sweet tooth and may have actually shoved more candy into her mouth than she put onto the house.


Just trying a little swipe of frosting....
We also had our 2nd annual cookie playdate with her friends James, Audrina and Alec.  Once again, Riley's sweet tooth came shining through as she sucked frosting straight from the tube and shoveled sprinkles and chocolate chips into her mouth when she thought I wasn't looking.  She also managed to get some of the decorations onto the actual cookies.  Overall, she just had a lot of fun with her good buddies...mom on the other hand did not have such a good time once Miss R's sugar buzz wore off. 
 Our little bitty bakers


 Handful of sprinkles...do I waste them on cookie or just shove them directly into my mouth?
Into the mouth it is!
 Her friend Bubba James was also a riding the sugar high that day


The finished product. 
Witnessing the making of these treats pretty much killed any desire I have to eat one :)

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

The picture of her with the gingerbread house is adorable! And Tim said he has never in his life seen a child eat as many cookies as Riley did at the Santa party. I told him he should have seen the cookie decorating party. Ha! We think she might be a favorite patient of his in the future...