Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Piper Ryan Nelson

We are so, so excited that our newest Little Miss Nelson has arrived!  Piper Ryan Nelson was born on December 1, 2011 at 1:50 pm, she weighed 6lbs 5oz and is 18 1/2 inches long.  She is absolutely fabulous and we are all so completely in love with her!


My due date was only one day past, but faced with my doctor leaving town for a week we had made the decision to be induced on the morning of the 1st.  It was a tough choice that I was really expecting to be faced with, but in the early morning hours, Piper showed me that she was ready to make her appearance anyway as I started having contractions on my own.  We got to the hospital at about 8:00 that morning and after just a few short hours of labor and about 3 pushes our little one made her grand entrance into the world.  She could not have made things much easier on her mama.



We spent the rest of that snowy afternoon snuggling our sweet baby girl and introducing her to her family.  Her big sister Riley was so excited to meet her and the look on her face when she saw her baby sister for the first time was the sweetest expression I have ever seen. She was so sweet and so gentle with her new baby and immediately wanted to hold her.  One of the first comments she made about Piper after giving her a thorough checking out was "she has cute nose holes!", she was also very eager to let anyone who called know that "my baby is out of the tummy!".  Piper could not have a better big sister than Riley.







We were eager to get back home to Riley and since I was feeling good, we were able to leave the hospital the afternoon of the 2nd. 

She was greeted home by all of her sister, grandparents and her great Aunt Phoebe and cousin Maddie.


Piper's arrival has coincided with snow and some really cold temperatures, so we've spent the her first few days snuggling at home, enjoying visits from friends and family and getting to know the newest member of our family. 


We could not ask for a bigger blessing than our 2 beautiful girls and cannot wait to watch them grow up together.


4 comments:

Tonia said...

Congratulations Nelson family! Piper is adorable and I love the name.

Lacey said...

She looks so TINY in the car seat picture! I cannot wait to meet her. Audrina has been talking non-stop about what Piper and Riley are doing.

Erin Sungy said...

Everything about this post made me smile, such an amazing experience! Enjoy every second, you won't believe how fast time flies the second time around.

Sweet Baby James said...

Aaaahhhhh!! I love her so much! She is SO perfect, I can not wait to snuggle her again :-) Such sweet pictures, we are so happy for the 4 of you. And I am so happy that if our arranged marriage of Riley and James falls through, we now have Piper and Cormac as a back up.